Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hanabi!

Thought I'd write a quick update since tomorrow I need to start studying for my midterm on wednesday :(. I did a little homework and a little studying today, but suffice it to say, I've got plenty more to do before I'm ready for wednesday. 

I spent the rest of the day hanging out with Lucia, this girl from my program, and then later messing around on the internet distracting myself. Tonight we went to Kawaguchiko, a town a bit further up the mountain, to see hanabi (fireworks; literally flower fire). Supposedly it was only 3 degrees colder there than in Tsuru, but my fingers nearly froze off so I'm not sure. The fire works were pretty cool, but I'm not sure they were worth the cost of my train ticket, or the freakin expensive Indian food we had for dinner. At least the food was good. As usual, pictures are forthcoming. 

I'm excited to get this midterm over as we're planning on checking out one of the local bars for a post-exam celebration. Other than that, I'm seeing my host mom next saturday, and maybe planning another trip to Tokyo soon to explore Roppongi, the tourist capital of Japan, and maybe some other interesting locales. 

No comments: